Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/25/11, 05:51 PM   #1
Shadowxcorex
Putty Patroller

Default 3 Questions

1. Why do some power ranger fans hate Disney. I thought the seasons that Disney produced were good besides Operation Overdrive. I notice that they always say that the power rangers from the past are were better. They normally say MMPR is the best one ninety percent of the time. I believe that they are saying that because of nostalgia.

2. Why do people say that the Japanese version is always better than the American version?

3. Why isn't Goseiger going to be put in an American version?
Shadowxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/11, 08:40 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: 3 Questions

1. Well there are numerous reasons. Disney has its critics in general. Disney tended to be more controlling then Saban Entertainment was. They frownded on team ups, character romances, too much martial arts action, ect.... Plus there is the whole nostalgia factor of wanting Saban to own PR again.

At the time of the sale people we're disapointed to see MMPR Productions go to be replaced with a lot of new people ( Doug, Ann, Jackie, and Koichi returning helped). NS also had a different feel then some of the later Saban seasons. But it actually was loved by many. DinoThunder is a fan favorite season.

People seem to detest the Kalish years more. And I think this usually gets refered to as the Disney era. People didn't like Kalish's tendency to copy the sentai, even when he didn't need too ( ironically something that the later Saban years started to do anyway). Kalish also had some fan interviews where he didn't come off to well and caused a lot of fan backlash. People didn't like the characterization during this period. RPM was produced under Disney but was actually loved. MMPR Remastered was hated but because of the wierd effects.

In recent years people have become more forgiving of the Disney seasons. As time is sometimes more favorable to past seasons. . And now with Tzachor's return people are starting to realize that he likes to heavily copy Sentai as well. And some people actually think Samurai is worse then what they thought of the Disney era. I think you will see the Disney hate continue to lessen. Just like the fandom grew to like Lightspeed Rescue overtime.

In actuality, Disney should be credited with keeping the show on the air for as long as it did. As Saban might have had to halt production after Fox Kids meant its inevitable end, even if it was for a little while ( of course he could have just found another buyer but thats hard to predict). They spent a lot of money on PR and did at least try to make it work. I'm not saying that they didn't make mistakes.

2. Actually thats not entirely true. I won't deny that there is a large segment of PR fans that don't like Sentai better over Power Rangers. But a lot of PR fans seem to not like it when PR just copies Sentai mindlessly. A lot of PR fans want PR to try to do its own thing.

3. There will be a Power Rangers season for gosieger. Samurai is just going into 2012. So Gosieger's adaption will either take place later in 2012 or in 2013. There just airing these episodes slower.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/11, 10:11 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: 3 Questions

1. Basically some fans hate Disney because of how controlling they are as well as they just ended up picking producers that had no idea what Power Rangers was. Some Power Rangers fans don't want a Jonathan Tzachor clone because both he and Bruce Kalish had felt that their job was only to translate and that's not what Power Rangers should be. It's fine if you translate some things but when you're doing pretty much a simple copy and paste job which Power Rangers Samurai currently is, a lot of fans are going to come down on all that is responsible for such a poor decision.
Also I'm sure the following reasons are also part of the reason that some fans hate them:
Reason 1: They ended up firing all of MMPR Productions except for Koichi and his stunt crew.
Reason 2: They ended up moving production over to New Zealand.
Reason 3: They ended up destroying some of the old suits.

2. The American version isn't as violent. Granted Sentai isn't as violent as people like to claim it is but they can get away with more serious and/or dark stuff and they can also have romance in the show if they want to have a romantic plot.

3. No one knows whether Goseiger will be the next team or not. Some people believe that it won't be the next team because they were in the middle of callbacks for that season and then they ended up postponing the auditions until around March of next year because the casting director stated that because it'll be their 20th anniversary in 2013, they wanted to heighten the creativity for it. Some people are automatically jumping the gun and instantly tthink that something may have happened behind the scenes that is allowing Saban to use the Gokaiger footage earlier than he would apparently be allowed to since apparently according to some other fans... normally the case would be that Saban would not be permitted to skip Goseiger.

Last edited by MattEmily; 11/25/11 at 11:19 PM.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply