Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/23/17, 11:54 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Kaitlyn's Twin

One thing about the episode felt off. After the Ryan turns the double to good, why is she so exited about going back to being a reflection in the end? And why do the other Troopers insist on this? It just seems like the elephant. And no one cares. It was only by pure luck that the clone gained the ability to separate during fights.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/17, 12:00 PM   #2
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Kaitlyn's Twin

Yeah it is weird logic. But you got to give it to them for coming up with such an interesting concept to account for the Toku Footage. I will say that scene between Ryan where Ryan convinces Kaitlyn 2 to switch sides was amazing. Probably the best written scene of the series.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/17, 12:01 PM   #3
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

They should have just hired a reoccurring guest star to be the Fourth Trooper.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/17, 12:01 PM   #4
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

I would have liked to have seen a few more Troopers.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/17, 12:03 PM   #5
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Who would have though the same guy who made season 2 of VR Troopers so good went on to write the abomination that was Ninja Storm. And not to mention the beyond craptastic DinoThunder.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/17, 12:31 PM   #6
Zabitan
Administrator

I agree it would have been cool if they just hired a different person to play a new Trooper.

My guess they didn't want to pay all the money it would cost to have another Trooper just for what was essentially a new version of an existing character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Who would have though the same guy who made season 2 of VR Troopers so good went on to write the abomination that was Ninja Storm. And not to mention the beyond craptastic DinoThunder.
Doug Sloan? I think he was only there for the first season but left after Quest For Power.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/17, 01:22 PM   #7
Hailey Hartford

She isn't a twin. She is a clone. I remember the 2 part episode you are talking about.
Hailey Hartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/17, 05:03 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Who would have though the same guy who made season 2 of VR Troopers so good went on to write the abomination that was Ninja Storm. And not to mention the beyond craptastic DinoThunder
Ninja Storm wasn't the best but it wasn't an abomination. I disagree with you about DinoThunder since it wasn't craptastic at all in fact it was one of the better seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Doug Sloan? I think he was only there for the first season but left after Quest For Power.
I don't know if he left the show and if he did then it would've been sometime after those episodes since they were the last ones that he wrote that were credited to him.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/17, 01:14 PM   #9
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Actually, Sloan was brought in for season 2 and is responsible for a lot of the elements that made the series better. Season 2 is a breath of fresh air. In that it has original villains sets, ditches the overused lost father plot, and really feels more alive than season 1.

I'm not going to defend Ninja Storm. But its not as bad as Ego makes it out to be or a reflection of Sloan's overall ability as a writer. He is one of the show' best. He even tried to make Ninja Storm better in its final run. And succeeded with DinoThunder.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/17, 01:15 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey Hartford View Post
She isn't a twin. She is a clone. I remember the 2 part episode you are talking about.
Right. I didn't mean she was literally a twin.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply