Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/28/16, 09:11 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default RPM being in an alternate dimension

Now as we all know Samurai proved that RPM was in an alternate dimension which I admit does make things easier to deal with considering it was an end-of-the-world story for most of the season however I do not agree with them placing it in an alternate dimension.

Here are my thoughts on the matter.

First off they're basically saying that nothing from MMPR-Jungle Fury exists in the RPM universe which isn't cool.

Second of all they're saying that the characters we know from MMPR-Jungle Fury also do not exist in their universe which again isn't cool.

Third of all they made Scott's team look like careless idiots when all of them would be jumping at the chance to follow him into the Samurai world to help him and them out they would not be deserting him or anyone else for that matter that required assistance.

Fourth of all there's no way someone like Dr. K would be able to create any kind of Ranger technology without knowing someone who had the knowledge of doing so. Most man-made teams in the main universe have the assisted excuse of possibly getting info from a previous Ranger or one of their aides or even reverse engineering something from one of the previous teams yet Dr. K does not have this excuse.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/16, 12:05 AM   #2
Uncle Steve
Ranger In Training

Default Re: RPM being in an alternate dimension

We did see an OO Helmet in an Alphabet Soup base. So its possible there were prior Ranger teams.
Uncle Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/16, 12:08 AM   #3
Delta Max
Comic Relief

I didn't like it either. Power Rangers has always been in the same universe. Even SPD isn't another universe. They could have found a a way to make it work. I liked RPM , so it was disapointing. Also Scott didn't seem quite right in the team up with Samurai.
Delta Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/16, 01:20 AM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Steve View Post
We did see an OO Helmet in an Alphabet Soup base. So its possible there were prior Ranger teams.
that wasn't meant to represent an Overdrive helmet it was just meant to represent a helmet from someone that had been in Alphabet Soup since the helmet had been modified so it's just basically a case of them reusing stuff much like they have since the beginning of the second season of MMPR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Max View Post
I didn't like it either. Power Rangers has always been in the same universe. Even SPD isn't another universe. They could have found a a way to make it work. I liked RPM , so it was disapointing. Also Scott didn't seem quite right in the team up with Samurai.
no doubt granted SPD will be retconned out of existence because of its whole alien nature and they should've started coming to their world but no matter.

I agree that Scott didn't seem right in the teamup since he was out-of-character and not to mention they never did any posing of any kind.
Old 09/29/16, 11:21 AM   #5
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Why didn't they have a bunch of stunties show up as RPM Rangers in the end?
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/16, 11:25 AM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

I am actually fine with RPM being an AU. The whole concept of the series made it seem odd to take place in the PRU anyway. It didn't really seem like it was in the future. Plus it is an original idea for a PR seasons. The idea of mulitiple universes with Ranger teams of their own is interesting. I wouldn't want it to happen every season. But having a season lime RPM be a AU is fine.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/16, 11:26 AM   #7
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

I want every season to be in continuinty. The fact RPM isn't in the PRU ruins it for me.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/16, 07:31 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I am actually fine with RPM being an AU. The whole concept of the series made it seem odd to take place in the PRU anyway. It didn't really seem like it was in the future. Plus it is an original idea for a PR seasons. The idea of mulitiple universes with Ranger teams of their own is interesting. I wouldn't want it to happen every season. But having a season lime RPM be a AU is fine.
I just think it opens up the possibility of things becoming worse when you start allowing a season to be in an alternate dimension like for example retconning any season someone wanted to retcon out of existence like it was claimed Tzachor had wanted to or even a Producer retconning a season out of existence by the actions that they're taking in a current season.
Old 09/30/16, 11:27 AM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I just think it opens up the possibility of things becoming worse when you start allowing a season to be in an alternate dimension like for example retconning any season someone wanted to retcon out of existence like it was claimed Tzachor had wanted to or even a Producer retconning a season out of existence by the actions that they're taking in a current season.
That wouldn't be good no. But it seems like Eddie actually thought of RPM as an au himself. So its not like they were trying to discredit it. Also RPM is still in continuinty because the au exists in the show. As we saw in the team up with Samurai. I don't think we will see too many seasons lime RPM as Aus. Unless there premisis contradicts existing canon or has a world destorying event.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/16, 11:31 AM   #10
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

RPM is very overrated! Eddie tried to do way too much and got himself in trouble production wise. He was in way over his head. Some of the early episodes were ok but at times didn't feel like Power Rangers. His ideas for the end were just really soul destroying. " Ranger Black" would have tarnished the brand. Judd Lynn had to come in to clean up Eddie's mess. Than at least the show felt like PR again. The damage was already done. RPM was so contrary to the franchise they had to make it an au.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply