Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/07/11, 10:28 PM   #1
supagal1232000
Putty Patroller

Default If you could make any kind of video game what would it be?

I would want to make a game like The Guardian Legend or Sigma Star Saga were it's a Legend of Zelda style action/rpg with shmup levels.

The gameplay could be like Pocky, and Rocky where one button does melee attacks, and the other does shooting attacks, and one button could be like in Zelda: Link's Awakening in that you could also assign different items to it so you could perform various other actions like jumping, or dashing, and finally you would have a special attack that would work like a bomb but instead of running out of them you would just have an energy meter that you would have to charge up before you could use them.

The story would be that it was some post apocalyptic future where America reverted to the wild west, Japan reverted to the Sengoku period, Europe reverted to the middle ages, etc but we still had giant robots, and spaceships, and you were some hero trying to save the world from demons, aliens, robots, and mutants, and for the action/rpg sections you would be on foot but for the shmup sections you would pilot a giant robot, I'm also thinking it should be where you beat the action/rpg sections, and then you beat the shmup sections.

But it would be open ended like the first Zelda game in that you can go to any town, field, or dungeon in the game, and beat them in whatever order you wanted, and you could get bonus action/rpg, and shmup sections as missions from towns with weird rules like you couldn't use specials, or you could only use melee attacks, or you could only kill certain monsters, or you could kill every monsters except a certain type, etc.

I would make it overhead so the action/rpg sections would be like Zelda, and the shmup sections would be like Aleste, or Raiden, and then make a sequel where it's side scrolling so the action/rpg sections are like a Metroidvania game, and the shmup sections are like Gradius or just make one game that has both.
supagal1232000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/11, 04:23 PM   #2
supagal1232000
Putty Patroller

Default Re: If you could make any kind of video game what would it be?

It would be a Kamen Rider game where a Kamen Rider would have to fight monsters and the lead bad guy of every lever to get to the next one. There would be 10 levers to this game, and the goal would be to get to the final lever and defeat the leader of the villain group of that game.
Old 01/30/11, 05:30 PM   #3
supagal1232000
Putty Patroller

Default Re: If you could make any kind of video game what would it be?

That would be cool I though about doing something like that or with Kamen Rider esque character, and doing it as either a Zelda like game, Metroidvania like game, or both like in Blaster Master.

I just couldn't think of what the levels would be.
Post New ThreadReply