Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/07/15, 11:00 AM   #11
PsychoGreen
Comic Relief

Default Re: "Countdown to Destruction" is overrated

I agree to some degree that at times it is over rated and blown out of proportion.
Usagi brings up a good point, it really felt like a special made for tv movie. It just had a serious feel to it with a lot of finality. I love where the rangers lose their powers, and Bulk & Skull rally all the people to fight back. As a kid and even now, it was really memorable.
PsychoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/15, 12:39 PM   #12
PRangerX
Administrator

A lot of it comes down to context too. Someone who watches it now might not get the same effect as someone who watched it when it first aired. You have to understand what was going on in Power Rangers at the time.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 09:15 PM   #13
PsychoGreen
Comic Relief

Very true. I can still remember waiting through school, and wanting to see it all day. A lot of other kids my age who grew up watching it stopped watching at Zeo or the beginning of Turbo. Plus to many it wasn't "cool anymore"(how many times have we heard that as PR fans?) But I remember getting off the bus and gathering around he television with my brother and neighbor. It was a pretty significant event for us, and that episode changed a lot of things.
PsychoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 09:22 PM   #14
PRangerX
Administrator

I remember watching it when it aired. My mom thought I was too old for PR. But even see liked the episode. I expected another cliffhanger like "Chase Into Space". But it became pretty clear during it that it was a finalie. By the end I thought it was the last episode of Power Rangers. Even labeled by tape that. Probably still have it somewhere.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 09:28 PM   #15
Dino Charger
Ranger In Training

I didn't really like most of Space. But I have to admit that Countdown was a pretty tremendous episode. I wouldn't call it my fav. But it was pretty cool and ambitious. It was sad when Zordon died. I cried when I was a kid. I was kinda hoping Zordon would come back but it hasn't happened yet.
Dino Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/15, 09:16 PM   #16
Decepticon
Ranger In Training

How can you call the culmination of five seasons of storylines overrated? I think people just want to bash things for fun sometimes. Most of the people who don't get C2D were too young at the time to watch it.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/15, 11:22 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
A lot of it comes down to context too. Someone who watches it now might not get the same effect as someone who watched it when it first aired. You have to understand what was going on in Power Rangers at the time.
that's a good point not to mention we had no idea if the show was over or not at the time.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/15, 11:25 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby's Boyfriend View Post
I didn't really like most of Space. But I have to admit that Countdown was a pretty tremendous episode. I wouldn't call it my fav. But it was pretty cool and ambitious. It was sad when Zordon died. I cried when I was a kid. I was kinda hoping Zordon would come back but it hasn't happened yet.
that still bugs me about Zordon dying but I wouldn't want him back anyway if they're just going to do a Disney thing and cast a local actor in order to do his voice since it just wouldn't work. I did like the idea of the (Disney) crew bringing Rita back as the Mystic Mother and Alpha 6 in Overdrive but I hated their voices that the local actors tried to attempt to copy... it just doesn't work unless it's the same actor that did the voice.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/15, 11:57 AM   #19
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I would have loved to see the meeting where they decided to kill off Zordon and thought that it would be a good idea. Zordon should never have left the show in the first place. Dimitria really annoyed me. How can I enjoy Space with them going the whole year looking for Zordon, only for him to die. Zordon was a big part of MMPR,he should still be around as the mentor of the Power Rangers.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/15, 11:58 AM   #20
Dic Dubber
Ranger In Training

Maybe Zordon was reborn as Gosei?
Dic Dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply