Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/07/15, 09:52 PM   #1
Digificwriter
Putty Patroller

Default How alternate a universe is the RPM 'verse?

So we know RPM is an alternate universe - and the last quarter seems to be happening at the same time as Super Samurai - but we've also seen:

* Alphabet Soup has an Overdrive helmet, apparently one of their prototypes

* There's a Jungle Karma in Corinth

* Ziggy assumes Dillon would know what a Power Ranger is, so the RPM team - not seen until Corinth boarded up - can't be the first one. (And where would K have got the Zord name from?)

So how much of the main timeline did, in fact, happen - or came close to happening - in the RPM one? Was their a Jungle Fury team? Was Andrew Hartford involved with the Soup? Does the PaleoZord have a mammoth, tyrannosaurus, and triceratops for a reason?
Digificwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/15, 11:40 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: How alternate a universe is the RPM 'verse?

Despite all the connections to au Ranger teams....I was thinking it would be interesting if au Rita was awakened after RPM. Forcing Zordon to recruit the Rangers to become the MMPR Rangers.

But RPM is another AU like MMPR The Movie (which intrigues me) , so the possibilites are endless.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/15, 04:49 PM   #3
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

I think RPM is in the same universe as MMPR. I don't like the idea of AUs. Maybe the Red Ranger in the samurai team up was from an AU. But I think RPM itself takes place in the future. I want everything to be in continunity. I even think the firat movie counts.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/15, 10:11 PM   #4
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

RPM is diffinitly an AU. Its pretty clearly stated in Samurai. Plus RPM doesn't seem to take place in the distant future like some might have expected.

I think it is probable that other Ranger teams did exist. Ones very similar to our own in some cases. Givening the OO helmet.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/15, 10:14 PM   #5
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

RPM is an AU. But I don't like it. I think every season should be in continuity. I can understand the first movie. But there was no reason RPM shouldn't be in continuity.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/15, 10:18 PM   #6
Sailor Chaos
Comic Relief

The season is so different from the PRU we know if it takes place in the present. It obviously isn't in the distant future. We she Scott come from another demension in the team up we got in Samurai. So I don't think there is much of a case for RPM to take place in the main PRU. It makes sense to make RPM a AU. Given that PR changes themes too much having a post apocalypse season kinda sticks out continuity wise.

Its clear other Ranger teams exist. Outside of one of them being similar to Overdrive , the possibilities are endless. Well that and the fact Ranger teams use the Morphing Grid.
Sailor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/15, 06:55 PM   #7
Sailor Dragonzord
Putty Patroller

I don't see whats so complicated about this. Its an AU but its an AU in continuity. Not some sort of reboot. It just takes place in another demension than the main one we usually see in the show. I think it makes perfect sense. Its not like they did it to try to erase it from continuity. It is still in continuity as an AU.
Sailor Dragonzord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/15, 06:57 PM   #8
Kilobyte
Ranger In Training

I think SPD was its own demension too. Whenever they time travelled they actually went to an alternate past. I don't think Saban Brands will want to saddle themselves with the 2025 we see in SPD. And we are only 10 years away from that believe it or not.
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/15, 06:58 PM   #9
Spike Hart
Ranger In Training

If you're gonna say that then Time Force must have been another demension. Even though the timeline couldn't be changed in this senario, messing with parrallel past events still can cause time holes.
Spike Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/15, 07:00 PM   #10
Superstatler
Power Ranger

I think galaxy was an AU. It was pretty quick for them to get Terra Venture constructed. Plus it seemed like years after C2D. My only guess is that its an AU and the Space Rangers we see in it are actually alternate Space Rangers.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply