Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/25/07, 07:06 AM   #1
greywolf
Ranger In Training

Default What do you want to do for the rest of your life?

So yeah it is that question that almost all of us are tired of hearing.

I know I am. I have to be honest I have been going to school since I was Five and I am getting really tired of it. But the thing is I have been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life since I got in the 6th grade. I am 21 years old now and I still haen't decided.

The three things I would like to do all have reasons why I shouldn't do them but they are the only thing I really want out of life.

First the dream I have had for years. I want to get in shape and try to be a pro wrestler. Untill recently there was a school in my area that once I got back in shape I could have joined and still worked and lived at home. Now I would have to find a school to train at and still stay close to home if I ever even want to consider that dream.

Second we have the thing I have been working towards since I got out of High school. In High school I did not make very good grades untill my senior year and that was only because I got to take Psychology which was the only thing in school that ever kept my attention. The problem with it now is that now that I am trying to get a degree I am having to take all these classes that I have been taking for years and I just can't sit there and listen to the same stuff over and over again. And even though it intrest me I have no idea what I would ever do with a degree in Psychology. I am not patiant enough to listen to peoples problems unless they mean something to me personally. So that would pretty much end the thought of being a psychologist.

Finally we have the other option of opening up a cutlery store (Knife Shop). I don't call it the other option becuase it is a last resort because it is something I could see myself doing and enjoying for the rest of my life. The problem is that it would require starting my own business which I can't afford. I am already having to pay back student loans so there is no way I could afford to take out a business loan. But it is still not something I want to do right now anyway.

The other options were to try to write a book (I know I would never finish it)
Try to get a job at a newpaper writing movie reviews.

Sorry I just had to rant for a while. I am over it now. (well as over it as I am gonna get)
greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/07, 03:19 PM   #2
kiraford5
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to kiraford5

hmmm....I am the exact opposite of you. I've known what i've wanted to do since I was 7 (I'm 15 now, (turned 15 today)) anyway, Im planning on being a chef/restaurant owner.
Old 05/29/07, 03:51 AM   #3
greywolf
Ranger In Training

When I was seven I wanted to be a stand up comic. But I am not that topical. I think I spelled that right. For now I am just gonna work on all three of those slightly. I'm gonna keep going to school for Psychology and take a few classes for business and working out to get back in shape.

Yeah being a cheif is a something that I know nothing about.

"AH GET THE EXTINGUSHER FIRE FIRE FIRE! EVERYBODY OUT!"
Old 06/03/07, 09:22 PM   #4
Razi
Power Ranger

when i was 7, i wanted to be just like steve irwin. i wanted to be a nuturalist, but i called it "animal psychologist".

Now, I want to be a performer. I have always been a good performer, but I don't think I ever noticed it as a kid. I always wore costumes in public, i had every single song from "the lion king" choreographed, i would sing outside our car window, and I always though acting came naturally to me.

I have certain goals that I want to achieve in my life such as
*be in 1 broadway/professional show, movie, tv program and/or, etc.
*publish a young adult novel
*get married
*have a family with kids
*never stop performing

Those are just some, but the first 2 are my main priorities. Once I have accomplished these, I will settle down.

-Razi
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/07, 05:16 AM   #5
greywolf
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiraford5
hmmm....I am the exact opposite of you. I've known what i've wanted to do since I was 7 (I'm 15 now, (turned 15 today)) anyway, Im planning on being a chef/restaurant owner.
I completley missed ops: the today part of that but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYWAY

Hope it was a good one.

I think I am gonna as stated above keep going to school but once I am in shape I think I may try to find a school in one of the 3 big cities around here to try to be a wrestler. I mean after all you have to at least try to follow your dreams.

And I am sure you will both do great things. (Well I was looking for some kind of thumbs up emoticon to use but I did't see one so ... Um... Oh... I got it just picture a little yellow circle with one of these next to it. :!: ... No that's no good... Um... Oh wait here we go another idea... :!: Yeah just like that)
Old 10/04/07, 08:49 AM   #6
Esther
Power Ranger

to answer the topic....

Well..i'm in college still trying to figure that part of my life out...

here's what i'd like to do

-work at DC comics (or a similar comic book company) as an editor or writer.

-direct a fanfilm (i'm thinking of writing a trailer for the Cassandra Cain/Batgirl [i think i'm going to start it on on the comic book issues of "Batgirl: Year One" into " No Man's Land" or how Cassandra came to be who she is. ])

- write a movie script (trying to have that done by the next few years, i'll put what i got up when i get a chance to..it'll take a while )

- (something...something...something...ahh i'm out of ideas...)