Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/11/17, 08:52 PM   #71
Kimmy Repulsa
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Did Diabolico really turn good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Kim View Post
I think Kim had a lot of negative qualities that contribute to her eventually becoming a villain. But not because I hate the character. I really like Kim as a character. i just think it is an intriguing character development. Kat just doesn't seem to have much evil potential. Which is probably the twisted reason Rita chose her. It amused her to force a pure young woman to be evil.
I like the idea of Kimberly becoming evil too. Her name would be Kimmy Repulsa. I think Rita targeted Kim so much because she knew Kim had evil potential and could become a rival. Plus Zedd had eyes for her once. Which had to make Rita jealous. I could see Rita choosing Kat like you said. She wouldne want to recruit someomee with the potential for evil, since they could become a rival.
Kimmy Repulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/17, 09:26 PM   #72
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Kimberly could be annoying but she wasn't evil either nor will she become so. No one will know her true fate since AJJ is probably not appearing in the TV universe anytime soon and if she did it wouldn't be as a villain. I could have seen her playing Rita in the new movie but she would have been a different character and they didn't choose her for the role anyway.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/17, 09:40 PM   #73
Bonus Ranger
Putty Patroller

I like the idea that Diabolico was an anti-hero.
Bonus Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/17, 10:26 AM   #74
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Kimberly could be annoying but she wasn't evil either nor will she become so. No one will know her true fate since AJJ is probably not appearing in the TV universe anytime soon and if she did it wouldn't be as a villain. I could have seen her playing Rita in the new movie but she would have been a different character and they didn't choose her for the role anyway.
yea that she could be annoying but like you said she wasn't evil. We'll never know Kimberly's true fate since AJJ will never appear on the show for the same reasons as Walter Jones and Erin Cahill and yes if she had appeared on the show at this point in time she wouldn't be appearing as a villain to begin with.
That wouldn't have been a bad idea with Amy playing the movie Rita since I thought her Rita impression that was done in-show was awesome and to point but they weren't going to give any actors who had big screen roles on the show a big role for the movie.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/17, 11:43 AM   #75
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
yea that she could be annoying but like you said she wasn't evil. We'll never know Kimberly's true fate since AJJ will never appear on the show for the same reasons as Walter Jones and Erin Cahill and yes if she had appeared on the show at this point in time she wouldn't be appearing as a villain to begin with.
That wouldn't have been a bad idea with Amy playing the movie Rita since I thought her Rita impression that was done in-show was awesome and to point but they weren't going to give any actors who had big screen roles on the show a big role for the movie.
Its not unprecedented in reboots to recast actors from the originals in minor or major roles. AJJ as Neo Rita could have been possible. I doubt she would have been told to emulate her Rita impression in season 2

I do think the movie crew avoided using old characters in major roles , as they just used JDF and AJJ in those blink if you miss cameos. I also think they wanted to cast a more proven star in the role. Elizabeth Banks had success in Hunger Games. Cranston was cast due to his success in Breaking Bad. The fact he did VA work in the series years before was just a happy coincidence.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/17, 06:59 PM   #76
Dark Specter's Revenge
Comic Relief

AJJ probably would have been better in the role.

Ryan was a bad character. And made no sense since he was raised by demons and acted like a well adjusted young man. And even seemed like a pretty nice guy.
Dark Specter's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/17, 06:59 PM   #77
Dark Specter's Revenge
Comic Relief

double post
Dark Specter's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/17, 06:11 PM   #78
Green Spandex Supreme
Putty Patroller

No , it was in his best interest to destroy Bansheera.
Green Spandex Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/17, 11:44 AM   #79
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I do like the idea of Tommy becoming evil. But they would never show that on screen.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/17, 02:52 PM   #80
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
Its not unprecedented in reboots to recast actors from the originals in minor or major roles. AJJ as Neo Rita could have been possible. I doubt she would have been told to emulate her Rita impression in season 2

I do think the movie crew avoided using old characters in major roles , as they just used JDF and AJJ in those blink if you miss cameos. I also think they wanted to cast a more proven star in the role. Elizabeth Banks had success in Hunger Games. Cranston was cast due to his success in Breaking Bad. The fact he did VA work in the series years before was just a happy coincidence.
I'm not familiar with other reboots casting originals in minor or major roles sure in a cameo role like we saw with JDF and Amy Jo but anything more than that? I'm not familiar of except for with some animated movies like "The Lion King" for example since in pretty much ALL of its movies the same actor always does Mufasa yes he's even doing him for the upcoming "reboot"

I don't think Bryan doing voice roles on the show really made much of a difference since he just did 2 monsters back in the first season and it's not like people were going to know that unless they could recognize the voice and even still voice actors are kind of like an invisible job I mean unless you do the big roles like Zordon, Alpha 5, Rita, Zedd, Goldar or even Scorpina then no one will really even pay attention to you.

You did Snizzard or Twin Man? No one is going to care about Twin Man they might about Snizzard but not much.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply