Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/17/11, 11:11 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Is Ray Calderon the best webmaster ever?

I think Ray Calderon would have to get the nod as the best all around webmaster ever. Sure there are other great webmasters like Rovang, Manny, Amit, and Naks. But Ray has more staying power and is work in the fandom really worked to shape it. Amit and Manny weren't really around all that long when you compare them to Ray. Not to underrate what they did themselves. Manny practically invented PR websites. Rovang was around longer and still works on projects now. And in a lot of ways is vastly underated. But Ray seems to have had more of an impact. Nak's content holds up with Ray's...But Ray had better graphics. Ray also tried running three megasites at one point, PRC, Rangerboard, and Rangerbase. Which niether of the others tried to do.

Think of how the fandom would be if there was no PRC or Rangerboard ever. It would be one thing if those sites died off now. But to now have them at all would seriously change fandom history. Since they did so much to inspire other websites and bring Power Rangers fans together. PROA and Morphing Grid would have died and their may have not been another site like PRC to take its place. There would still have been Naks and the Writers Guide. But I don't know if anyone would he gotten as big as PRC. Perhaps a forum would have had a shot of being like Rangerboard. The newsgroup would have remained popular longer, but when AOL cancelled Google Groups it would have died. While there we're PR Forms before PRC Message Board/ Rangerboard...RB really set the bar and the Vbulletin trend. Any other forum probably would be vastly different from RB.

Ray's skill as a webmaster were stellar. His graphics were awesome. His Episode Review Guides were very popular and well done. PRC wasn't just a graphic's rich site. It had and still has tons of content. Ray really grew PRC Message Board into the powerhouse RB is today. He was able to manage his Vbulletin well. Rangerbase basically served the function that Ranger Gallery does now. Which was another huge undertaking for Ray's webmaster skills.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/11, 02:16 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Is Ray Calderon the best webmaster ever?

I don't know if Ray Calderon is better than the other Power Rangers webmasters. I have to check out his work to decide if he's better than the others.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/11, 10:47 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
I don't know if Ray Calderon is better than the other Power Rangers webmasters. I have to check out his work to decide if he's better than the others.
http://www.rangercentral.com

Everything up until DinoThunder is his work. Some of other sections we're added after he gave up the site. But his work on PRC was amazing.

http://www.rangerboard.com

Ray founded Rangerboard and was owner until last year

I don't believe any webmaster worked on his sites as long as Ray has. Not to the degree that Ray did them.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/11, 03:24 PM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

One time Ray pulled down a helicopter with his bare hands, and lied about it
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply