Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/16/17, 02:05 PM   #11
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Default Re: Justin A Ranger

Rocky's actor wanted out because he had trouble with his back, so Saban decided it should be written into the show. And - sure. They wrote in the Steve's back problems as Rocky falling out of the ring and hurting his back in T:APRM. Then they made Black Foster go under a hospital bed in the Turbo movie, making Justin find out who the Rangers were.

Steve didn't appear in Zeo's final episode either - we only get to see a morphed version of Zeo Ranger III in "Good as Gold".

It was basically because of easy writing why we've had a Kid Ranger for a season. And a movie.

Anyway, I had no problem with Justin, really. He was kind of cool. But - in-story: someone had to receive a HUGE paycheck and (at least) a dinner in order to allow Power Rangers to have a kid on their team.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/17, 05:40 PM   #12
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

He was ok. It wouldn't be my first choice to have a kid Ranger though.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/17, 05:43 PM   #13
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Rocky's actor wanted out because he had trouble with his back, so Saban decided it should be written into the show. And - sure. They wrote in the Steve's back problems as Rocky falling out of the ring and hurting his back in T:APRM. Then they made Black Foster go under a hospital bed in the Turbo movie, making Justin find out who the Rangers were.

Steve didn't appear in Zeo's final episode either - we only get to see a morphed version of Zeo Ranger III in "Good as Gold".

It was basically because of easy writing why we've had a Kid Ranger for a season. And a movie.

Anyway, I had no problem with Justin, really. He was kind of cool. But - in-story: someone had to receive a HUGE paycheck and (at least) a dinner in order to allow Power Rangers to have a kid on their team.
Justin wasn't a tough sell really. As Shulki figured they would capitalize on the success of Big Bad Beetleborgs.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/17, 05:43 PM   #14
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

I can't argue with that reasoning.
Old 12/18/17, 11:23 AM   #15
Astro Omega
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post

I just wish they replaced him with a high school kid instead. I mean a regular teenager not kid Justin, who was conveniently a genius.
Astro Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 12:28 PM   #16
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

Its like they forgot it was Power Rangers and not Big Bad Beetleborgs lol.
Old 12/18/17, 12:37 PM   #17
Zeo Power
Ranger In Training

Its a shame Steve was having real back issues. Because his presence in Turbo was sorely missed. As annoying as he was in MMPR, the Rocky character really was an underrated highlight of Zeo. This is becaise the writers took the character from being a Jason Clone to being his own character. Steve's performance in Zeo was perfect.
Zeo Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply