Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12/07/14, 09:33 PM   #1
Wammyguide
Putty Patroller

Default Should the Super Megaforce idea be redone for Dino Supercharge?

So I found this petition from change.org asking Saban to redo Super Megaforce: https://www.change.org/p/saban-brand...uper-megaforce. Now I know a ton of people consider Super Megaforce to be the worst season of Power Rangers, and say that it pretty much took the 20 year history of Power Rangers and beat it with a bat. I maybe in that small group who considers Super Megaforce to even be decent, but I do agree that it needed a ton work. The biggest factor of course is that it needed many more cameos from past rangers. Now I'm sure a lot of people will say that Super Megaforce is done and over, and something like Gokaiger will probably not happen for a long time, if ever. However, I do think that Super Megaforce itself doesn't necessarily have to be redone, but maybe the concept does. So as you know, Dino Charge seems like it's going to be riding on the Mighty Morphin' nostalgia train, with the dinosaur motif, It's Morphin' Time being reused as part of the morphing call, the rangers possibly being teens in high school, and even the theme song being somewhat of remake of Go Go Power Rangers. So it got me thinking, why not reuse the idea for Dino Supercharge? Now I know it sounds a little too extreme for a non anniversary season, but hear me out. Maybe for Dino Charge they could have a few cameos from rangers from Mighty Morphin and Dino Thunder, but not anything extreme. Then for Dino Supercharge, you could have various cameos of characters from previous seasons. However, I think there should be a few conditions. The first one is is anyone from any season can appear in any episode, and you don't have to restrict certain episodes to certain seasons. The next one is that you should pay tribute to previous seasons themes instead of their gimmicks. Like if a character from Ninja Storm or RPM appears in one episode, be completely self-referential and satirical of itself. And lastly, let the previous rangers help give some character development to the Dino Charge rangers. Heck, I was even thinking that maybe you at the Morphin' Brace from Go-Busters for the main five rangers as some kind of power up, where they can miss mash different parts of different ranger costumes and powers. And then for the final episode, you can have all the Mighty Morphin' and Dino Thunder rangers teaming up with the Dino Charge rangers for the final battle. Again, I know it sounds a little extreme, but I think with Judd Lynn returning as head writer, it could possibly work. What do you guys think about this idea?
Wammyguide is offline   Reply With Quote