Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/23/15, 05:25 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default To the Tenth Power Message Board

Does anyone remember The To The Tenth Power Message Board? I never went there but was wondering about what it was like?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 10:24 AM   #2
unagidon
Putty Patroller

Default Re: To the Tenth Power Message Board

Wow, that was like 10-15 years ago.

Anyway, it was pretty much The Rangerboard of it's time (arguably bigger). Mark Oxman, the original writer of the Power Rangers online newsletter, used to frequent it, as well as the guy who took over after him.

There was also the IRC channel that SirStack and Funaro and that entire crew used to hang out in
unagidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 10:26 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Wasn't Symbolic Agony a mod there? Who owned it and what software did they use? I know their is some new version that is pretty dead. But I heard it isn't the actual original.

Are you sure you're not mixing up the Zeo and PRO newsletters? Mike Oxman did the Zeo one and Mike Wayne PRO newsletter. I wouldnt bs surprised if they both were there based on what you told me. Plus I remember Wayne mentoning Tenth Power at PRO Ezboard after it closed. PRO benefited from its closure too I believe.
Old 04/26/15, 10:30 AM   #4
unagidon
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Wasn't Symbolic Agony a mod there? Who owned it and what software did they use? I know their is some new version that is pretty dead. But I heard it isn't the actual original.

Are you sure you're not mixing up the Zeo and PRO newsletters? Mike Oxman did the Zeo one and Mike Wayne PRO newsletter. I wouldnt bs surprised if they both were there based on what you told me. Plus I remember Wayne mentoning Tenth Power at PRO Ezboard after it closed. PRO benefited from its closure too I believe.
No idea who owned it or who modded. I only visited a few times. It was a generic IRC channel, though, so no special software was used. I used mIRC to access it.

Also, I'm not sure who "Mike Oxman" or "Mike Wayne" was, but Mark's newsletters can easily be viewed at https://www.grnrngr.com/documents/po...ers-newsletter. There's an entire archive.

I also found a partial archive of the second set of newsletters at http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/home/archives.html. I know some of the staff of Mark's newsletters and some of the crew from that irc channel worked on both of these.

There was also Amit Bhaumik, who actually went on to write for PR.

I miss those days. The fandom seemed so much more close-knit, especially with the newsletters...and I found the old e-mail rpg site, too: http://www.angelfire.com/sk/futureshock/

A lot of these old sites still seem to be active.
unagidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 10:34 AM   #5
PRdude
Ranger In Training

Quote:

No she wasn't a mod there. She never went there once. It was owned by a guy who went by the name of Astro Ranger, whose real name was Joseph Lara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticphoenix87 View Post
Was this the same website that did the April Fool's prank in 2001 saying there was going to be a new PR movie with ALL the characters, where Marc Blucas (Riley from Buffy) would play Leo from LG... totally fell for that
That was some other message board, run by Sean Ekay.
PRdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 10:36 AM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unagidon View Post
No idea who owned it or who modded. I only visited a few times. It was a generic IRC channel, though, so no special software was used. I used mIRC to access it.

Also, I'm not sure who "Mike Oxman" or "Mike Wayne" was, but Mark's newsletters can easily be viewed at https://www.grnrngr.com/documents/po...ers-newsletter. There's an entire archive.

I also found a partial archive of the second set of newsletters at http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/home/archives.html. I know some of the staff of Mark's newsletters and some of the crew from that irc channel worked on both of these.

There was also Amit Bhaumik, who actually went on to write for PR.

I miss those days. The fandom seemed so much more close-knit, especially with the newsletters...and I found the old e-mail rpg site, too: http://www.angelfire.com/sk/futureshock/

A lot of these old sites still seem to be active.
Yeah I got the name wrong , Mark Oxman. Looks like the second guy is different. Mike Wayne ran the original PRO and had his own newsletter. He was a different then the one that took over for Mark based on what you showed me. Didn't know someone took over for Mark until now. .

Didn't realize Tenth Power was an irc channel. Always thought it was a free message board on some early service. I know who Amit is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRdude View Post
No she wasn't a mod there. She never went there once. It was owned by a guy who went by the name of Astro Ranger, whose real name was Joseph Lara.

That was some other message board, run by Sean Ekay.
Ah I remember Sym being a former mod there. Based on what was said when she came here or at pro. Guess i missunderstood or remember wrong. So then Tenth Power and Astroranger's Board was the same board?
Old 04/26/15, 10:40 AM   #7
PRdude
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Ah I remember Sym being a former mod there. Based on what was said when she came here or at pro. Guess i missunderstood or remember wrong. So then Tenth Power and Astroranger's Board was the same board?
To the Tenth Power was a message board and it was Astro Ranger's board. Sym was NEVER a mod there. She never even went to that board.
PRdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 10:41 AM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRdude View Post
To the Tenth Power was a message board and it was Astro Ranger's board. Sym was NEVER a mod there. She never even went to that board.
I must have got that confused somehow.Good to know Astro's board and Tenth Power are the same. Since I have heard of both. So what software did it use? Coolboard, ezboard, or something else? What was the rough timeframe of when it was active. . Looking at whats archived in way back, I am pretty sure I actually visited Astro's site a few times early on. Don't remember the board but may have visited that too.

Anybody whats the story with the current Tenth Power thats up now? Was it a ailed attempt to start over?

There was another major board owned by someone named Cynthia right? Connected to a site called he snow fields. That also covered digimon. Mostly fan fiction.
Old 04/26/15, 10:28 AM   #9
Peter
Putty Patroller

I'm sure I posted there fifteen years ago, so yeah, I remember.

If I asked whether anybody remembered Brainscare's Power Page message board, I'm sure that would be asking too much of people's memories
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/15, 10:29 AM   #10
arcticphoenix87
Shadow Ranger

Was this the same website that did the April Fool's prank in 2001 saying there was going to be a new PR movie with ALL the characters, where Marc Blucas (Riley from Buffy) would play Leo from LG... totally fell for that
Post New ThreadReply