Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/16/14, 09:22 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Episode 20 - Legendary Battle

Here's the discussion thread for the new episode that Canal J (a France channel) will be airing on Friday.

The U.S. Nickelodeon channel likely won't be airing it until November 15th.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/14, 12:13 AM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Episode 20 - Legendary Battle

This was posted over at RC (RangerCrew) on 9/19/14.

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowAccel over at RangerCrew

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/show...57#post1221457

Episode 20:

- In the previous episode
- A kid try to save his dog. Some people are stuck on an elevator. Dana and Carter come to the rescue and save people in the city.
- Leo save the kid's dog. The kid's name is "Danny".
- Cassie and TJ save the people from the elevator.
- Tommy save a kid in a car (scene from the trailer).
- The Megaforce cast wake up. Jake save Noah. Gia search Emma.
- Wes, Karone and Damon are with people who hide from the armada.
- Orion is back.
- It's time for the Armada to destroy the Earth. The Super Megaforce Rangers arrives and save the Earthling (Morphed). Fight against the Armada.
- Troy and Orion use Orion's ship to kill attack Marvo's ship.
- They fight X-borgs in the Marvo's ship.
- Troy use the Marvo's shp to destroy the fleet.
- The Rangers use the Super Mega Cannon against the monster (the red and green one with the hammer).
- Troy and Orion fight Marvo. They use their weapon to beat him but Marvo's ship is destroyed as well.
- Orion and Troy used IS Red and Silver's keys and their Galactic Surf to save their *** lol.
- The Army of X-borgs arrives. The Legendary Rangers arrives. The returning actors remove their helmets.
- Troy say he knew it would happen
- Only Wes, Cassie and Tommy had lines so far.
- Footage from 199 heroes, + original footage.
-Robo Knight is back without explication. Troy just say he is happy to see him.
- The Megaorce Rangers end the fight with the Megaforce blaster.
- Tommy congratulate the Rangers. No lines for Emily, Mike, Damon and Karone --'
- The Legendary Rangers teleport... in space. Footage from Gokaiger episode 1.
- The Rangers are happy to see it's the end of the fight.
- Gia kiss Jake on the cheek.
- Troy leave his Super Mega Saber behind and the Rangers return to the city.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/14, 03:02 PM   #3
big smile
Putty Patroller

Default re legendary battle

This review is based on the international version.

This easily has to be one of the worst episodes of PR.
Forever Red provided the perfect template for an anniversary episode and this episode did the exact episode of it.

The vets didn’t get do anything, no morphing scenes, no fighting and no morphed fights even though Koichi came back to direct. I didn't even notice the Samurai Rangers.

I’m not really sure what Koichi was therefore, as there were very few original fights. Bizarrely, despite putting Green Ranger front and center only the Megaforce and Pink Turbo Ranger (!!) got any original fight scenes and most of those were lame compared to Koichi’s Disney era work.

They also seemed to be struggling for footage as they went out of their way to include that needless scene of the rangers turning to dust.

Ignore the anniversary stuff and the episode was still lame.
Why did the Rangers decide to go and battle Marvo? Why did Gia suddenly decide to go out with Jake? Where was Goesi at the end?
big smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/14, 03:03 PM   #4
Ranger Green
Putty Patroller

Default Re: re legendary battle

It's amazing a finale from more than a decade ago is on a much larger scale than one from 2014. This episode tried so hard to be "Countdown to Destruction" but it has no build up, none of the character stakes, and none of the scale. The Armada is meant to be this terror but we barely see any of it. While In Space managed to have a finale spanning across multiple planets.

Don't know where to start on this "Legendary" battle. The beat Mavro and all that is left is grunts. So legendary.

At least the entrance of the rangers was cool enough. But the Megaforce rangers cared so little about their legacy that... wait what did Troy just say? Oh screw you Troy.

Also why are they talking? We know it's supposed to be cool, stop telling us it is.

Oh hey RoboKnight, good to see your sacrifice was completely pointless.

And so the seasons with no theme, no explanations, no character, just ends by going home. Honestly what other ending would you expect from this show?
GokaiGold is offline Report Post
Ranger Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/14, 03:04 PM   #5
Arectaris Returned
Putty Patroller

So much wrong here.

1.) Lol @ Ryuranger in the legendary war. And Robo Knight comes back with no explanation.

2.) No explanation as to why none of the prior teams decided to show up prior to this episode.

3.) Emperor Mavro goes out like a punk. Yawn.

4.) Gosei? Tensou? Where art thou?

I give this episode a three, only because there was so little legendary war footage. I feel a little cheated. A lot cheated, actually.

Oh, well. On to Dino Charge. Speaking of, that promo looked awesome 😃
Arectaris Returned is offline Report Post
Arectaris Returned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/14, 03:06 PM   #6
ShinySephiroth
Putty Patroller

So happy to see LR again!

"Nice names" says Danny Slavin... I see what you did there...

I'm guessing Mike and Emily doing good deeds is a part of the Extended Version?

Hoping we get scenes of Karone, too.

Wait... Tommy as White first? And is that the Legacy Saba!? And why is he wearing a communicator!?

And... back to SMF. :/

All huddled around the fire... did they watch C2D before writing this episode?

Oh, hai Damon and Wes! Just lurking...

Oh... there's Karone. Also... lurking...

"I'm sorry the Zords were lost. It's a shame I used the Gosei Megazords on my last fishing trip. They need more time to charge. And I'm sorry I can't scan you guys and have a fancy viewing globe to see anything outside my cave."

So we're spending time doing character "development" now... instead of focusing on the Cameo Rangers? And still no sign of the Samurai bunch? Tsk, tsk...

"We lost all our zords! It's a shame Time Force can send Q Rex 2.0 but not the Time Shadow... or anything else..."

Did they really trust you guys with it, though? We still don't know where the keys even came from!

Man... this main armada team are punks. Going so low as doing psychological warfare, then giving the people a shimmer of hope by having ground troops fight them when they could just blast them all. They're actually pretty ruthless.

Random monster that showed up once, maybe twice before getting a highlight in the final episode over Cameo Rangers? Huh? My first thought was, "Oh, they had Sentai footage and they had their mind so set on using as much as they could they let that dictate their decision making", which in and of itself is still not okay, but that doesn't make sense with how much Sentai footage was not used, in particular for me the use of the Red Dragon Armored Ranger. I mean... what is the logic here?

Why aren't you wearing your helmets!? You're gonna crash!

Okay... Mavro is amazing.

Oh... Super Mega Gold... the seventh ranger... that Bandai has Not released a key for...

Blast the... console? Wow... That was genius, Marvelous! I mean... Troy!

Maybe Mavro isn't so awesome... I mean, it only took two rangers to take him down.

For one second I thought: "Whoa! SURPRISE CAMEO ADR BY ANDROS AND ZHANE!? But no... And how do having access to their powers give them the Galaxy Gliders? Huh?

I was showing my daughter the part when the rangers all meet and she said, "don't forget the pirate ones". I'm sure they will, Sweetie... I'm sure they will...

My daughter was so happy to see the veterans. She then said, "Oh! Another Time Force (Quantum: she never saw him). I never seen him before! Ryan! I love him! Oh! Tommy! My favorite! ANTONIO!"

"I dreamt about this!" No. You don't get to say that. Just... no.

No close ups of Mike or Emily? Huh? Did they make someone mad behind the scenes? What's up with that?

No! Megaforce doesn't get the cool morph call! The vets should! You're doing it wroooong!

My four year old daughter: "This is like the dream Troy had!" Yes, Brianne... almost exactly like what we have already seen in that dream...

"Glad to be back!" ... Wow... just... wow...

"Thanks, Wild Force!" *facepalm*

"This is great, Daddy! Is it on Netflix!?" Yes, Honey. That is how we are currently watching it. So you can watch it over and over again.

No, Tommy. You are not Cam.

Not even Ultra Mode?

I think they are insinuating the rangers have been off world this whole time. I'm going to say what they have been doing is their own season against the real Armada threat. It's this season's equivalent to: "Your team says hi!"

My daughter's last line for the episode: "Oops... He forgot his sword..." Couldn't have ended this review better myself.
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/14, 03:08 PM   #7
PlayingMonk
Putty Patroller

Wink Re: legendary battle

I really hate giving this episode a 1 but I pretty much had to. When you have a bunch of rangers returning it has the potential to easily become a 5 but if it's a wasted opportunity it can easily go in the other direction as well.

The one thing that stands out to me more than anything is the overly simplistic dialogue throughout. It was so grating how baaaaaad the writing was! It was basically just "I'm scared!" "You'll be ok now!" "Wow, thanks!" in the beginning scenes. Who talks like this?! And I'm really pissed they gave Tommy and company really basic dialogue in the end too. "It's time to go. Bye." Come on!

Plus they didn't even show up until near the end of the episode. I had to watch the lame megaforce team struggle on their own for like half the episode during which, I'll admit, I was basically zoned out. When the red and silver space ranger costumes emerged from the wreckage at that one point I actually thought it was Andros and Zhane for a second and got excited but then they demorphed and it was just the megaforce guys. I actually forgot for a second that the megaforce team could do that.

And what was the point of the silver guy leaving last episode and coming back this episode? To fill up time with pointless crap? But at least they remembered to resolve the Gia / Jake romance storyline in the end. Thank goodness, I thought this season was going to be a complete disaster for a second there....
PlayingMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/14, 03:10 PM   #8
Thrax2
Putty Patroller

" Legendary Battle "

The Vibe of Countdown of Destruction with the Rangers saving the Civilians were nice and show up the Helmets similar with Gokaiger did, and each Ranger helping people and Troy believe they, always nice to see Past Rangers in the recente season.

Megaforce Rangers Battle the Emperor general and the Emperor Marvo himself were cool and well something come to mine mind where was the other general with come to him, since we dont see him destroyed, since we dont see him by destroyed in last episodes.

The Final Battle with the Legendary Rangers and Megaforce Rangers had lack of effort since they gives always Troy dreams about this Mega War and no explation for anything, with zero effort, they should at least made something better, even Samurai had more effort for the final Arcs and Final Battle, they face Xandred and not the Army of Moogers.

Rangers looking to the Sky were nice but with no explain Gia kiss Jake since we had all 40 episodes and Gia never show any feeling for him, because they always try to force this romance.

Bring on with Dino Charge!!!
Thrax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/14, 03:13 PM   #9
Thunder Power
Putty Patroller

Robo Knight was dead, yet he managed to return. Hmm...
Casey was seen disappearing in "Spirit of the Tiger" leading many people to think he was dead. Jayden also was gone pretty quickly in "Samurai Surprise" which also could mean he was dead.
So if Robo Knight came back from the dead, and other rangers like Jayden and Casey returned, this means all of the past rangers really WERE dead!

In reality, Nick probably said "hey, you can't kill a character" and the production team said "oh, no, he'll be back in the finale" and then just stuck Robo Knight in there for a brief few seconds just to troll Nickelodeon.
Thunder Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/14, 03:13 PM   #10
Zarius
Putty Patroller

It's funny how JT executive produced Wild Force, which was able to sneak in Cole's parents remaining dead (despite promising the network they'd bring them back), yet he couldn't pull the same trick here
Zarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply