Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/04/12, 05:01 PM   #11
LondonBoy
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Ranger Powers

^ I've always believed the Z-Wave Energy restored Jason's coin.
LondonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/12, 05:01 PM   #12
Dragon Ranger69
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvanGenesis View Post
Jason got his power coin from the Red Dark Ranger, it's apparently recounted in a canon comic and legitimized by the man who wrote Forever Red.

Also, in terms of powers that are gone gone gone, the original Ninja powers probably won't be making a reappearance. They could probably be remade, but that would be from scratch. The Ninja coins were dusted by Zedd and Rita. Adam's Mastodon coin, damaged in the backlash from the Morphing Grid during the fight with Rito, was restored by Sentinel Knight, but his Frog coin is sparkles in the wind now.
That isn't exactly the case that everyone deems as the final word. Amit also states an alternative

Quote:
When asked about the Red Ranger 's restorations on Facebook,Amit Bhaumik says, "My memory is a little fuzzy on the details, but the short of it is Tommy, between leaving in Turbo and reappearing in Forever Red, goes to Zordon's homeworld of Eltar around Lost Galaxy/Lightspeed Rescue timewise. There he finds the remains of Alpha 5 and takes him to be rebuilt as Alpha 7 (the one you saw in Forever Red). He also uncovers the source of Zordon's powers and restores the Red Zeo Crystal giving him his Zeo powers back. Some time around then he restores Jason's power coin. Lightning Cruiser was modified and became the new source for TJ's Turbo powers (in much the same way Storm Blaster powered Justin's morpher in True Blue To The Rescue. It is possible the car he pulled up in Forever Red was supposed to be Lightning Cruiser." Alternatively, Chris Funaro has said that Amit considers the Marvel Comics Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Ninja Rangers comic flipbook that introduced the Dark Rangers and saying Jason got his Power Coin back from Red Dark Ranger, Osamu. However, none of these explanations are explicitly shown in the episode.
Dragon Ranger69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/12, 05:01 PM   #13
tgif1345
Putty Patroller

I actually like that explanation. It makes sense, since Tommy seems to be the head honcho of the entire Power Rangers force. He's the only one, besides Adam who keeps coming back, and he was the one who sent Andros to track General Venjix and the remnants of the Machine Empire, and then summoned all the Red Rangers he could find (Power Rangers Samurai having not been created yet, ergo no Samurai Ranger team active at the time, and Rocky not being there) to destroy Serpentera. So it would make sense that he would learn everything he could about Zordon, his powers, and whatever he left for the Power Rangers in case he was ever destroyed so they could continue without him.

I also like Linkara's theory about the original powers being intact, but because the power coins and morphers were damaged by the blowout, they couldn't be accessed.
tgif1345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/18, 07:12 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgif1345 View Post
I have a couple of questions for all of you Power Ranger fans out there. How many seasons do the Rangers lose their powers at the end of them? I know the MMPRs lose their powers at the beginning of Season 3, following the destruction of the Thunderzords at the hands of Rito Revolto, as well as at the beginning of MMAR when Rita and Zedd destroy the Ninja power coins, but are the powers truly lost? I mean Adam and Jason both have their MMPR powers restored, Justin and TJ get their Turbo powers restored, the Ninja Storm Rangers get their powers restored, Tori gets her Wind Ninja Storm Ranger powers restored by Sentinel Knight, and the Dino Rangers get their powers restored when they're teleported to 2025 by Broodwing in SPD, but, did any Rangers, or Ranger teams lose their powers permanently so they can't be restored, or is that dependent on the status of the Morphing Grid?
Not very often MMPR lost their powers twice prior to their finale, Turbo only lost theirs temporarily, Wild Force lost theirs but they were restored and as we know Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder had theirs drained but Tori and Kira's were restored by the Sentinel Knight and their remaining teammates later got their powers restored as well. The Ninja Coins are gone so yes those are gone but during the destruction of the Thunderzords that resulted in an overload which damaged the Dino Coins and Tiger Coin's link so they are not gone they are simply damaged. The Turbo powers were never destroyed they were just simply disabled due to Eltar being conquered which was their grid link but Justin and T.J. both had a backup link for their powers with their sentient vehicles; Storm Blaster and Lightning Cruiser.

All powers can be restored no matter what happened to them even the destroyed Ninja Coins can be restored.

Quote:
Also are all the Rangers' powers linked to their Zords? I know the MMPRs lost their Dino powers after the Thunderzords were destroyed, but that was due to a backlash of energy running through the Morphing Grid, as Tommy had ordered Alpha to feed as much power into the Thunder Megazord and the Tigerzord as possible despite the strain on the Power Accelerator.
only Wild Force is connected to their zords no other team has been connected to their zords.

Quote:
I also read somewhere, though I can't remember where, that if Zordon and Alpha hadn't infused the Dinozords with the power of Thunder to change them into the Thunderzords, Jason, Zack, Billy, Trini, and Kimberly would've lost their powers for the same reason Rocky, Adam, Billy, Aisha, Kimberly and Tommy did in "Ninja Quest", because of excess energy from the Zords, running through the Morphing Grid.

Are there any other Ranger powers that are dependent on the operation of the Rangers' Zords? Or does it just depend on how much power is flowing through the Morphing Grid at the time the Zords are destroyed?
there's no truth that they would've lost their powers if the Dinozords weren't put into the Thunderzords not to mention the same kind of situation wouldn't have been happening since the overload that happened in "Ninja Quest" is the main reason why they lost their zords and therefore their powers there wouldn't have been an overload issue in "The Mutiny"

Quote:
Originally Posted by legostormer View Post
The powers are needed mostly to pilot the zords and the zords has not a big influence on them a revieuw of the series:

Ninja zords: Where unable to operate, powers were acessable
Shogun zords: Where operational without the ninja powers
Zeo zords: Made after the powers
Time force: Idem Lightspeed
Wild force: Powers came from animal crystals so they have a strong link
Ninja storm: Zords created after the powers, powers were related to their own ninja power and where not taken away
not quite the Ranger powers weren't accessible but they could still access the Falconzord via the remote which would lead one to believe that they could access the other Ninjazords if they needed to.

we don't know that about the Shogunzords.

only the Zeozords and Battlezord were made after the powers.

we don't know who created the zords in Time Force BUT we can assume that Alex created the Shadow Winger

The powers didn't come from the Animal Crystals.

we don't know when the zords were created.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 08:18 AM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

Thats interesting that Amit mentionee another theory about Jason getting his Red Powers back. I actually do vaguely remember this. But it does put the theory that he got it from the Dark Red Ranger in doubt. Or at least up for debate.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 08:19 AM   #16
Forever Jason
Ranger In Training

Wasn't the Dark Red Ranger coin theory put out their by Amit's friends and nor by Amit himself?
Forever Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 08:21 AM   #17
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

It makes sense that Tommy would want to restore the MMPR Powers! Ijust wish thr show revovled around the nee MMPR team. Even if it was now new characters .
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 08:22 AM   #18
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Fan theories are just that, fan theories. Anything coming from Amit has much more wieght. So I can buy tha Tommy restored the powers.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 10:02 AM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Thats interesting that Amit mentionee another theory about Jason getting his Red Powers back. I actually do vaguely remember this. But it does put the theory that he got it from the Dark Red Ranger in doubt. Or at least up for debate.
indeed I personally like that theory better not so much the part about Alpha 5 being destroyed but at least it would make sense why Alpha 7 has the same exact voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Jason View Post
Wasn't the Dark Red Ranger coin theory put out their by Amit's friends and nor by Amit himself?
I believe it did come from Amit himself but he probably was just cooking up whatever he could since he probably couldn't remember the true reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Fan theories are just that, fan theories. Anything coming from Amit has much more wieght. So I can buy tha Tommy restored the powers.
true but we also don't know how much of what Amit is claiming is true
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 11:52 AM   #20
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Did he ever pubically talk about his Dark Ranger idea?
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply