Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/24/20, 02:38 PM   #11
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: New Mature Power Rangers Series?

You can find a kiddle ground though. For instance Time Force is darker then MMPR. But its not over the top dark and gritty like that Power/Rangers Fan Film.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/20, 02:39 PM   #12
Captain Logan Knows Best
Putty Patroller

I think the terms dark and gritty are overused. But I definitely don't want PR to become ultra dark for no reason.
Captain Logan Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/20, 03:04 PM   #13
Omega Black
Ranger In Training

I believe the movie rumors.but the tv show rumors sound far fetched.
Omega Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/20, 09:46 AM   #14
PRangerX
Administrator

It really does sound far fetched. But the era of streaming services makes it more possible if not probable. We have seen tons of series produced based on concepts that never would have seen the light of day on traditional tv. The best change for it to happen is in this era.

A series based on the 2017 movie would be interesting. Even if it had a different cast ( which tends to happen when movies are adapted for a tv series). Of course the fact the movie didn't do well might discourage them from this. But it would be interesting to see these characters on a weekly series. Rita could be revived on the moon by Lokar or something...With new powers. And of course there is the angle with Tommy the movie teased in the credits.

Said series could and honestly probably would do there own thing. But its fun to speculate regardless. But would I treat this article with a heavy grain of salt? Definitely, especially since its been mentioned this tends to be a clickbate site. And its not like this kind of wild speculation hasn't existed before. I posted the link because it was at least interesting to talk about. Whats a message board without interesting topics?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/20, 04:49 PM   #15
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

This would be a horrible idea. You can't just do something completely original from Super Sentai. If you want a darker series just copy Super Sentai better...Or better yet watch Super Sentai.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/20, 04:51 PM   #16
Sentai Master
Ranger In Training

Power Rangers and Super Sentai are two separate shows. I see no need for PR to have to copy them verbatim. Also, Super Sentai has plenty of craziness.

I think the real road block to this type of thing is the funding. Even if you can find a home. Which I agree is much easier now that streaming is huge.
Sentai Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply