Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/05/08, 09:43 AM   #11
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simango View Post
I saw half of Dino Thunder myself. Anyway I thought it was a rather weak plot myself. I mean really they should have at least used something that didn't look like a rip on MMPR.

Except for Mercer the whole thing was way too much like MMPR. After 11 years they'd manage not to use the same Zords as last time.
Obviously, they can't control what theme the sentai uses. Sentai tends to repeat itself with themes, over time. The show has been on for thirty years so thats bound to happen.

But once they saw what Abaranger was, that must have been the idea. To create a show that was a throw back to old MMPR. Complete with the return
of JDF. I think DT also had plenty of orginal elements. And I think they did a good job not relying on the Sentai plots. Which is why its one of the seasons that I could see continuing with new Sentai footage. The fact that they are just normal teens makes it believable to change power themes.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/08, 08:10 PM   #12
Sakura3
Power Ranger

I'm watching Dino Tunder since I missed it 4 years ago. I have 13 episodes left. This was the most On their own show I've ever seen because usually they adapt from Toei as they've done with Ninja Storm , Space Patrol Delta , Mystic Force , Operation Overdrive and Jungle Fury. I would have loved to see them work the whole Dino Earth thing in and go with that. Some people however would see this and call it a bad rip on MMPR since they had a lot of the same Zords and the return of Tommy. In 2003 Japan should have had a new theme. We already had our Dino series in 1992 which gave us Mighty Morphin in 1993.
Sakura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/08, 08:38 PM   #13
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

they took out dino cafe footage in prdt
Old 05/18/08, 01:22 AM   #14
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simango
In 2003 Japan should have had a new theme. We already had our Dino series in 1992 which gave us Mighty Morphin in 1993.
Guess what? We also had our ninja series in 1994 which gave us the Alien Rangers in 1995. Yet Hurricanger came eight years later and gave us Ninja Storm.

TOEI has repeated themes before, and will continue to do so. Your beef is with Disney not making DT as different from MMPR as Saban made the Alien Rangers different from Kakuranger.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/08, 09:49 AM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah they can't really control what Sentai does. They can only try and adapt the footage in a way that suits what they want. Abaranger being a dino theme actually made it a perfect time to bring back JDF.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/08, 07:05 PM   #16
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

i wish diseny show dino earth in prdt
Old 05/19/08, 08:40 PM   #17
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red timeforce ranger
i wish diseny show dino earth in prdt
All they would have done is use Abaranger footage, so it's not like you haven't seen it already. Besides, that would have made Dino Thunder's plot a carbon copy of Abaranger, which is lame.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/08, 03:29 PM   #18
Kamen Rider
Henshin!

Send a message via AIM to Kamen Rider

To be honest, it was actually nice to see JDF's return but Dino Thunder failed in so many level.
Kamen Rider The First #1
Kamen Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply