Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/06/15, 12:18 PM   #1
Dizagaox2
Putty Patroller

Default Update on MMPR Pilot

Okay, believe the below or don't, but I've been briefed on the project.

1. The project has Saban Brands approval. It was it seems pitched and filmed by their own LA film crew that makes all the random YouTube stuff. So maybe it's canon? In any case, it was filmed in LA in August.
2. It's a pilot / short film. If popular, the idea is to make more of them, to help flesh out the Power Rangers universe via YouTube and mixed media. Whole thing is modelled after Mortal Kombat's short films and the success Machinima has had with similar content.
3. Katee Sackhoff is indeed the lead actress, with another few big guests.
4. If you thought RPM was mature...

Major spoiler I'm allowed to share because it's the plot of the whole ruddy film:

Trini is "officially" killed off. Assassinated. The opening scene is her funeral. Katee Sackhoff is the new Kimberly, and has to lead the Power Rangers on the run from an evil organisation out to kill them.

I already asked my source if the short film has any links to Go-busters and they said they're not saying anything.
Dizagaox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/15, 12:29 PM   #2
Citrus
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Update on MMPR Pilot

Oh hell no. Fanfilm, sanctioned or not, they better not touch Trini.

I-I guess the one upside is a gritty throwaway web series is that it leaves room for the feature film to be more lighthearted.
Citrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/15, 12:29 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

For me it's not so much wether it's real or not but rather just that this sounds like the same thing everyone else seems to make.

The first MMPR only all "Dark", "Edgy", and "Realistic".

I wouldn't care so much if it didn't seem like the same thing over and over again.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/15, 12:31 PM   #4
Dizagaox2
Putty Patroller

Thuy and Trini aren't the same person. One is a character in a TV show. It it serves dramatic purpose, then that's what they're doing. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they recast the role for an opening scene of her warning Kimberly.

Anyway, bottom line is this is a fanfilm, just a high profile one with some big actors in it.
Old 01/06/15, 12:34 PM   #5
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

By briefed you mean someone told you something but had absolutely zero evidence backing it, don't you?

Katee Sackhoff is a little out of the price range for any fanfilm, don't you think?
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/15, 12:37 PM   #6
Dizagaox2
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
By briefed you mean someone told you something but had absolutely zero evidence backing it, don't you?

Katee Sackhoff is a little out of the price range for any fanfilm, don't you think?
Nope, I certainly did verify everything with photo evidence. Once details properly come out, I'll share the photos too. And I'm also holding back on a few tidbits.

So then its official? I'm not sure where you're going with this...
Old 01/06/15, 12:38 PM   #7
Citrus
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizagaox View Post
Nope, I certainly did verify everything with photo evidence. Once details properly come out, I'll share the photos too. And I'm also holding back on a few tidbits.

So then its official? I'm not sure where you're going with this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizagaox View Post
Thuy and Trini aren't the same person. One is a character in a TV show. It it serves dramatic purpose, then that's what they're doing. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they recast the role for an opening scene of her warning Kimberly.

Anyway, bottom line is this is a fanfilm, just a high profile one with some big actors in it.

Thanks Jack Thompson, I wasn't aware of that distinction.

You see, the thing that pisses myself off is that this piece of fiction needlessly borrows from that person's death, and only their death.

There's no fucking reason to kill Trini, and they're only doing so to appease some sick fan fantasy to have fantasy mirror reality.

You know how the Papercutz novel accidentally had Trini stuck by the RADBUG, and the author immediately apologized for their mistake? There's a bloody good reason for such a reaction.
Old 01/06/15, 12:42 PM   #8
Citrus
Putty Patroller

I thought you said it was endorsed by Saban Brands?
Old 01/06/15, 12:43 PM   #9
Dizagaox2
Putty Patroller

There's a difference between endorsed and being official. Endorsed just means it has their okay to go ahead, like those "vs" battles on YouTube or JDF's reality series showing behind the scenes on the show. They're all endorsed but not official.
Old 01/06/15, 12:44 PM   #10
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

So what reason do we have to believe you're telling the truth or haven't been mislead?

That it doesn't make any sense and katee Sackhoff is a bigger star at the moment so this type of project just for a fan film doesn't make sense for her. Especially from a budgetary perspective. Especially with a real movie coming out. Especially with Saban Brands approval, that's really the killer for me. Saban Brands being okay with it.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply